This is a prototype application showcasing the possibilities for combining environmental data in the water domain. It is a result of a collaboration between many partners.
For background information and more details about this application, read the full About page.
Since this application is a prototype, there are still a few glitches.
How to use this app
The primary function of this application is to plot time series of several environmental variable in an interactive chart using the Plots panel and to visualize gridded data in the map.
- Click on an NHMP Station to display Standardised Streamflow Index time series for that station.
- When the "Query grid" button in the Plots panel is clicked, the application will plot a time series of the variable selected in the drop down list of the Plots panel.
- Start time and end time of the query can be changed in the Plot panel. The application will plot all data available within the selected time range.
- Coordinates (British National Grid) of the point to query can be set either manually in the Plots panel, or by clicking the map. To specify a point precisely when clicking the map, hold the
Ctrl key while you click.
- Results of each query will be added to the plot panel as a chart with options to display the corresponding layer, download the data, remove the chart, and more.
- The Layers panel provides another way to control layer visibility. It allows yout to switch layers on and off, display legends, and change transparency of individual layers.
GeoSearch and backdrop layers use public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
All data included in this application are for evaluation only, see DISCLAIMER for details.